Welcome to the University of Arizona Safe Cats Blog!

Welcome to the University of Arizona Safe Cats blogging site. This site is specifically designed and created to address the culture of safety and promote a safe campus community. Please provide thoughts or feedback to any issues you see on or off campus relating to the student, staff, and faculty population. This is a safe campus community and we are interested in seeing what you think.



Wednesday, November 26, 2008

What tips have you learned to stay safe on campus?


Okay everyone...what are some tips or suggestions you have for each other to stay safe on or off campus? Help each other out! What can other students do to be safe?

8 comments:

T.J. Swift said...

Safe ride and safe walk are great resources for late night classes, I have them on speed dial!

Kiki said...

i agree! When I study late on campus, I call safe ride.

Anonymous said...

I try and always be with someone when walking around campus at night, I will also walk along populated streets in case of an emergency.

I will also take a taxi or Safe Ride when traveling alone.

Jrad said...

Tips to stay safe on campus...Dont go out at night alone. Always be around people you trust. If you are out by yourself be confident and try to stay in lighted areas.

Unknown said...

To stay safe on campus, people should never walk alone at night. I agree with everyone else when they say that statement as well as to utilize Safe Ride or Safe Walk. If they're closed and there's absolutely no one with you, try to walk at places with the most light and where there are bluelights nearby.

Unknown said...

The campus is never too dark and feels safe enough to me. The university also provides other forms of security, such as the blue UAPD emergency phones. My only concern are the homeless that stay late in the library sometimes. I've never had any trouble with any homeless before, however I do have a friend that had a bad experiences once on the 4th floor of the main library. My advice would be to always carry a cell phone with you.

ezgoindude said...

Safe ride and Safe walk are both good ideas, however, when it comes to the over all safety of the campus there are many places that are not lighted very well that i've seen some unusual people grouped together smoking or possibly doing drugs? also I've never personally used the bluelights before, and I they seem like a perfect idea, but there have been many times my friends and I drive by seeing a bluelight on and nobody around, so hopefully they solved the problem???

ZBz said...

The things that everyone should do to stay safe is never walk alone around campus at night. Also try to avoid small, dark places. Look for areas that are heavily populated around you and you should be fine.